“Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.” – John Amatt
What is Adventure Strong all about?
Exploring the World, One Trail at a Time
Adventure Strong is a hiking and adventure travel blog. So, if you love hiking or backpacking, you’re in the right place!
More broadly, Adventure Strong is about living life actively – not passively. It is about getting off the couch and into life – seeking adventure, exploring the world and pushing the boundaries of your comfort.
We only have one life to live so why not make it an amazing adventure?
Sound risky? Good.
“It is impossible to win the great prizes of life without running risks…” – Theodore Roosevelt
Join the Adventure Strong Kiva lending group so we can build a Strong global community.
Who is behind Adventure Strong?
Hi, I’m Tim Moon. I live for hiking and adventure.
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest where exploring and appreciating nature is our way of life (along with socializing in coffee shops or over delicious brew – Widmer Hef or McMenamin’s Ruby, anyone?).
As part of my Quest for Adventure, I accomplished my goal of living abroad by spending a year teaching English in Korea where I went hiking, of course! Where will I go next?
When I’m not on trail, I’m probably playing with my dog or writing fiction. My first book, a zombie novella called DEAD ISLANDS (Necrose Series Book One), was written while I lived in South Korea.
Random Facts About Me
- I’m 6’4″.
- I grew up in Spokane, WA.
- I love Star Wars.
- I’ve lived in 5 US States. (And one foreign country – South Korea!)
- I’ve hiked in 12 US States.
- I drove 2,435 miles on the ALCAN Highway from Anchorage, AK to Vancouver, WA.
- Biggest travel pet peeve – seeing short people in the exit row on airplanes.
- My first time wearing Vibram Five Fingers was on a hike up Angel’s Landing in Zion National Park. I wore those same Vibrams on hikes all across the country and in Korea too. They were finally retired in 2014, after successfully summiting Mauna Kea.
Lets connect on G+.